i am a rogue. i am a dorian gray.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back In The Beautiful Light - Part 1: Diniwid Dreamings

Oh there is too much to tell you!!!

It has been a while and you have no idea what joy it was to be back in my second home Boracay. Time that was truly, madly, deeply well spent I could simply curse out with all the letters in the alphabet--just to show you how good it was to be there! I felt like I was alive again. Renewed far away from the city life that I've always known and momentarily returned to. Rejuvenated from the deluded one track mind of a third world metropolis that was getting to me. And if that was not enough, simultaneously it seemed that I needed to start panning out my next plan of action on a little curveball creeping up in the horizon for the next year (year today that is).

But before I could choose that one chess piece, I needed to experience bliss. Release myself from catering to the world and attend to the silent restlessness within me. It was Christmas and essentially a time to satisfy that high maintenance vanity  I've mentioned before. So I booked my flight, dragged an equally adventurous gal pal and swandived into what I called my pursuit of happiness. Starting off in a corner of the island I have come to infinitely love, in a charming cove called Diniwid.


there you were, the reality of you: steadfast, faithful and ever beautiful. i am home.


a face i have longed to see. its like you never left me.


the salt of the sea on our skin, a foreign madonna conversing and cradled in the backdrop,breakfast as our            feet and legs inevitably lather with the sand.

                             

--our sense of sleep gladly consents itself to wait.




"come now", the island said to me, "and try something new--live like a tourist for a change."




without further ado we give in to you and let time stand still.


and yes make little lots of time for the SOP chick drill.









seventh heaven in your sun kissed us with your musings.



on a day you let us be ourselves, recuperate and come back to being "me"



you coddled and cared for us


 like a babe born from your own sweet womb

But dont get me wrong, I'm not as miserable as one might think I would be living in Manila. I am happy to be near my family and spending time with friends dearest to me.What's best is being here opened up my heart to a new love worth committing my life to: yoga. Now thats another blog entry or perhaps another blog ;)

Part 2 of Back In The Beautiful Light coming soon!!

photo credits to my superwinnerwinnerchickendinner gal Kat Misa

No comments:

Post a Comment